Crystal Meth Intervention
Meth Intervention is a unique process. Because of the way methamphetamine affects the addict, meth intervention should be handled with caution. The meth addict is, behaviorally, an extremely unpredictable person with confrontational and paranoid tendencies. If the addict is not approached in the correct way, the meth intervention may have equally unpredictable and negative results. For this reason, having a team of professionals with a vast amount of experience in meth intervention is vital for success.
A more in depth description of meth addiction is provided on our meth addiction page.
What is a meth intervention? Meth intervention is an orchestrated attempt by one or, often, many people (usually family and friends in conjunction with an intervention expert) to persuade an individual to seek professional help with their meth addiction. . The sole purpose of eDrug Rehab is to help addicts and their families overcome addiction through the process of intervention, treatment, and recovery. The ultimate goal of a meth intervention is to empower the addict to escape from their seemingly hopeless addiction. It is our mission to aid in the loving rehabilitation of the addict as well as to find ways to heal the relationships between family and friends that have been damaged as a result of the addiction.
What is the meth intervention process? Our meth intervention process follows 6 steps:
- Call. If you do not initiate the process, your loved one may never get the help that they need, and that fear will continue to be present in your life.
- Consult. After listening to and assessing your situation, we will be able to recommend the next best step. Because each individual is different, we will need to tailor our approach to best reach your loved one.
- Enlist Others. This step is crucial. Those who will be involved in the actual intervention process should be chosen wisely. Consider the individual’s history. Who has your loved one been the closest to over the years? Who has he/she felt the most secure with? Who would this person turn to for help with other types of problems? Parents, siblings, spouses, significant others, friends, even children can all be part of the process. Everyone involved must love and respect the person, and have their best interest at heart.
- Plan. One of our drug intervention experts will arrange a meeting with you to discuss arrangements for a treatment center, potential dates for the meth intervention to take place, and other logistical concerns.
- Act. On the day before the intervention is scheduled, one of our drug intervention experts will meet with you to prepare you for the intervention. All of those who have chosen to participate will have an opportunity to rehearse what they would like to say. The interventionist will coach you on what to do – and what not to do – in a variety of different scenarios that could potentially unfold.
- Heal. Once your loved one makes the decision to accept the help that they are being offered, they will be transported to the treatment center. Now the recovery process can begin – for everyone. We will mentor you through the process, and be available for questions whenever they arise. We realize that the rate of recovery depends on the individual, and we will not simply disappear when your loved one is discharged. Our support continues throughout the entire process, however long that may be for your situation.
The meth treatment page offers more detailed information about the treatment for this addiction. Please know that meth intervention and treatment is by no means an easy process. The intervention itself will require you to show the addict tough love and to establish boundaries. However, without an intervention, it is unlikely that the addict will stop the destructive behavior alone. Because of the numerous negative medical complications that can result from meth use, abuse, and addiction, it is important that the recovery process begin as soon as possible. Call now.